We all know that fruits and vegetables are good for our health regardless of our age. But some children immediately stay away from the sight of green leafy vegetables. So, how do you get your child to eat more fruits and greens? Here are some tips:
- Mix vegetables in their favorite meals. Learn new healthy recipes or vegetarian options for food they usually enjoy like spaghetti, lasagna, and pizza instead of using meat or fill some tacos with some vegetables.
- Allow them to help you prepare meals.Kids are more likely to eat what they created themselves. Keep them involved in the whole cooking experience and let them choose the vegetable toppings, too.
- Make their vegetable eating experience interactive. Children will take an interest in vegetables that they can dip in delicious and flavorful sauces. You can try fruit salsa, ranch dip, guacamole, hummus, or nut butter.
- Take extra effort to make the meals look good. How you present the vegetables makes an impact on whether they will try it or not. Make the appearance fun and enticing. Include different shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Eat more healthy foods yourself. Be a role model and show them that you eat fruits and vegetables, too. It is also not a bad idea to let them understand why it is important to eat greens.
If you need a home care agency to help you out, you are in the right place.
Sarah’s Peace and Love Home Healthcare offers high-quality home care services in Laurel, Maryland. We aim to care for people who find it difficult to care for themselves. We will make sure you live a safe and comfortable quality of life.
Visit the leading provider of home health care in Maryland today!
Leave a Reply